The Lynch Family moved to Dell Valley in 1950 in pursuit of reliable water supplies and agricultural infrastructure.
The CL Ranch was founded as a family enterprise focused on large scale farming and ranching, while also developing investments in real estate, water and minerals. The original CL Ranch was about 66,000 acres today the ranch and related family holdings total about 26,000 acres.
Abundant underground water resources were discovered during oil and gas exploration in the 1940's and 1950's in this region located 90 miles east of El Paso, Texas. Some have called this area the “Valley of Hidden Waters” in recognition of its substantial & sustainably managed aquifer. This is located just south of the Otero Mesa in New Mexico and about 60 miles west of Orla, Texas, where renewed interest and success in oil and gas discoveries is occuring today as part of the unconventional drilling renaissance in geologic areas where shale is found.